Background

Sunday 3 March 2013

Has Spring sprung ?

Good morning everyone, I hope everyone is well this morning, the weather has certainly been behaving lately hasn't it, hopefully spring is on it's way. I can't wait for the warmer weather.

Well done to everyone who entered the Lots of Layers challenge at Here Come The Boys  , there were so many fantastic entries, I had the task of picking the winner from all the fab cards. So well done to # 68 Chrissy and to our top 3 (4).

Onto to this fortnight's challenge, it's a No Stamping challenge this time. We want to see some different techniques that DON'T involve stamps or digi-stamps and of course it must be for a male.

This is what I have made :


I went for a gift bag this time, I have never done one of these before and I spotted this Kanban decoupage sheet in a reduced box in a garden centre a couple of weeks ago. Isn't he a cutie?
I started by doing my cloud background and onto this I added some waves which I cut with my Cameo.


I put the decoupage together and fitted it into the waves to create a feeling of depth. I left the little fish hanging from the side for maximum effect. I love how proud he looks that he caught a fishy !!
I die cut some clouds using a Sizzix die ( I think ) and used my distress ink Faded Jeans to edge the clouds, added the greeting cloud and VOILA a little boy's gift bag.


I hope you like my little creation, thanks for stopping by, see you next time.

Hugs
Lisa xx

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Lisa for picking my card as the winner at HCTB....and love your gift bag, the waves and clouds are fabulous and such a gorgeous image, love the dimension..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments Chrissy, your card was a worthy winner, I loved how you carried the layers to the inside xx

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful love the clouds Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa,
    I love your cards, wish you would share more of them :) I have nominated you for an award, see my blog for more details xxx
    http://cardz-by-mandz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/i-was-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandz, and now my mojo seems to have returned I will be sharing more of my cards xx

      Delete